The Bride’s Top 5 Albums
Even though Sydney five-piece The Bride formed in 2006, and have an average age of 20, their story is very much just beginning.
In October the band released their debut album President Rd. Described as “an extraordinary album” by Drum Media, the release was received with much excitement amongst local fans and media alike with Brisbane’s Rave Magazine insisting “it’s immediately obvious that this is a band destined for higher duties”.
Having almost completed two lengthy national tours with peers House Vs Hurricane and Thy Art Is Murder, The Bride are now left to ominously plot their next move. For now, they reflect on the hectic year that was 2011 and choose their Top 5 most influential albums.
1. He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood This record seamlessly intertwines nearly every genre of music you can think of, creating a molotov cocktail of sincerity and aggression. The illustrative majesty of Schylar Croon's voice and storytelling on IAH remains untouched to this day. This record is our inspiration to keep every song as versatile as it can be.
2. Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose Their signature Rufio combination of noodly riffs and double time beats is demonstrated perfectly on their debut full-length. You'll hear its clear influence on our song 'Costigan'
3. Touche Amore - Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me Definitely up there for the album of the year, although extremely short for a full-length record PTSBBAM is unrelenting in its raw passion and lyrical mastery, we've yet to find a modern hardcore record as genuinely sincere as this. Drummer Elliot Babin shines on this one.
4. Slipknot - Iowa The majority of us listened to this growing up and is a major influence on the heavier sections of our music. It didn't get any more aggressive than this at the time. Iowa turns a decade old this year and still remains entirely relevant in the modern metal scene.
5. Paramore - Brand New Eyes Paramore are an anomaly in modern punk music and a major influence on our band, as difficult as it may be to hear! Opener 'Careful' perfectly displays their unique combination of profound melody and rhythm.
Share This Slideshow
Join Us On Facebook
You May Also Be Interested In
Organisers of the Big Day Out have been scrambling to find a headliner-sized replacement...
5 days ago
Fresh from scooping up three awards at the 27th Annual ARIA Awards on Sunday,...
1 day ago
The man born Robert Zimmerman may still be making music and innovating at the...
2 days ago
After a series of delays following Friday’s news that three acts, “1 UK &...
22 hours ago