The Bride’s Top 5 Albums
Even though Sydney five-piece The Bride formed in 2006, and have an average age of 20, their story is very much just beginning.
In October the band released their debut album President Rd. Described as “an extraordinary album” by Drum Media, the release was received with much excitement amongst local fans and media alike with Brisbane’s Rave Magazine insisting “it’s immediately obvious that this is a band destined for higher duties”.
Having almost completed two lengthy national tours with peers House Vs Hurricane and Thy Art Is Murder, The Bride are now left to ominously plot their next move. For now, they reflect on the hectic year that was 2011 and choose their Top 5 most influential albums.
1. He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood This record seamlessly intertwines nearly every genre of music you can think of, creating a molotov cocktail of sincerity and aggression. The illustrative majesty of Schylar Croon's voice and storytelling on IAH remains untouched to this day. This record is our inspiration to keep every song as versatile as it can be.
2. Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose Their signature Rufio combination of noodly riffs and double time beats is demonstrated perfectly on their debut full-length. You'll hear its clear influence on our song 'Costigan'
3. Touche Amore - Parting the Sea Between Brightness and Me Definitely up there for the album of the year, although extremely short for a full-length record PTSBBAM is unrelenting in its raw passion and lyrical mastery, we've yet to find a modern hardcore record as genuinely sincere as this. Drummer Elliot Babin shines on this one.
4. Slipknot - Iowa The majority of us listened to this growing up and is a major influence on the heavier sections of our music. It didn't get any more aggressive than this at the time. Iowa turns a decade old this year and still remains entirely relevant in the modern metal scene.
5. Paramore - Brand New Eyes Paramore are an anomaly in modern punk music and a major influence on our band, as difficult as it may be to hear! Opener 'Careful' perfectly displays their unique combination of profound melody and rhythm.
Share This Slideshow
Join Us On Facebook
As we approach 2012′s half-way point, what better time to gather all the info we can from our calendars and crystal balls to see
Watch this slideshow »...
Most people are fans of a good musical cover, but have you ever stopped to consider which ones are better than their originals? From
Watch this slideshow »...
You May Also Be Interested In
Though the national Soundwave festival has finished up for another year, for Perth fans,...
5 days ago
The Aussie music community has learned a valuable lesson thanks to the exploits of...
1 week ago
The biggest Splendour In the Grass 2014 rumour doing the rounds (and there’s a...
4 days ago
The strict curfew and lockout laws that swept over Sydney at a gunshot pace...
6 hours ago